Sunday, April 8, 2012

April Goals



OK it is already the 8th of April and in some ways I am a little behind on making a big goal for the month.  But I reason it is never too late to make a goal for the month.  I love goals.  I like to know what I am working toward.  So let's review:

The long term goal is to make $5000/month.

the short term goal is to make $2000/month by next fall.

Last month my total ended up being around $300 in Stella & Dot profit.  Which, considering I worked about 7 hours to earn it and my current outside job would take me about 25 hours, I think is pretty darn successful. 

So building on that success, this month my goal is to have 6 Stella and Dot Shows which based on last month's average means I will make about $900.  I have a minimum goal of 3 shows at which level I will win a prize from the company.  Turns out I am motivated by prizes.  Especially prizes that are so easy to earn.  I currently have 1 show booked and 4 people who have said they want to have shows I just need to get on the calendar.

I also have begun work on my writing assignment.  I have decided to give a very good deal to the company I am working with as I have no actual experience and am looking forward simply to having something to put on my resume.  Also, they are a smaller company that can't pay a ton but I am hoping will be a good referral/reference for future business.  So I am thinking $2-300 if I can finish it by the end of the month. 

That would bring this months total to a possible $1200! 

On the one hand this feels very doable.  I can totally make this happen.  Plenty of time.  I just need to make a plan and do it.  One of the goal ideas this month is to get 100 "nos".  I would need about 5 per day to get that this month.  Thinking about using that to achieve my goal.  How hard is that?

On the other hand I feel compelled to begin making excuses for why I can't possibly do this to prepare you for my likely failure of this goal.  I am afraid of what I might have to do to reach that goal.  And it just seems so amazing that I could achieve that goal so it must be impossible.  So therefore I really should just be happy if I manage the 3 shows and $500. 

But that is a long way from $5000 and if I am going to make that happen I have to believe in myself and my process.  And I have to just go for it.  So at the end of this month I will be reporting a $1200 personal income for my business.  Can't wait!

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible!'" -- Audrey Hepburn

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." --John Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment