Sunday, December 16, 2012

Update

Well, it has been another 2 months and I thought it was high time for an update to my search for entrepreneurial income.  There is very little to report.  And yet much to report.  I haven't really done much yet I have done a lot.  Lots of nothing and something going on over here.

I  have sold some Stella & Dot, yet not followed up to the extent I should have with the names I got at the vendor show.  I have come to the conclusion that while I love the customer interaction I don't really love packing all my stuff up and schlepping it to someones home and convince her friends to spend a bunch of money on my product.  I am unsure how long I am going to continue pursuing this particular business.  When I started it I never intended it to be a permanent business, just hopefully a little extra cash this year, and it has been that.  So I have no complaints.

This past week my hubby and I went to see a property that could potentially hold a business that would require a lot more of me than the kind of business I had initially pictured.  I won't bore you with the details quite yet but I will say that it feels like something I could really get my brain around and excited about, yet is the biggest risk of all the business ideas I have had over the past couple years.  This is an idea we have talked about for a couple years.  I like it because John and I could do it together, although I would be the primary person running it, and because it is in the construction field which is an area we know and love already and we have a network within this field which will be helpful going forward.

So I continue in my quest to make $5,000/month as a self employed person.  And yes, as I have learned this past year, it is harder than I thought it would be but I have not lost my enthusiasm or belief that it can be done and I can successfully make money and take control of my life without punching an 8-5 clock.

Will try to report with the new business venture update in less than 2 months.

And book reviews to come, I happened to know that I will be getting "Platform" by Michael Hyatt and "Entreleadership" by Dave Ramsey for Christmas.  Can't wait to dig into both.  I have been listening to their podcasts lately, excellent.  Highly recommend them if you have a business of any kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment